Windows 8.1 won't let me play videos

cottonlane

I have just put on windows 8.1Pro, and now It wont let me play my own video's or my own Music. It keeps on saying that I don't have permission to access the files. access is denied? How can this of happened and more to the point how can I put it right before I throw this load of Rubbish through the window Thanks in advance.

Best advise is for you to upgrade to windows 10. It seems like the best microsoft has these days. Yhey have made connectivity issues to online gaming, email (office) vpn, server exchange a lot simplier than previous operating systems.

Its look like that you have permission problem with specif files, folder here is the way to change permission
To take ownership of a file or folder, follow these steps:
  1. Press and hold the folder that you want to take ownership of, then tap Properties. (If you are using a mouse, right-click the folder, and then click Properties.)
  2. Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  3. Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click Check Names.
    Note The account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.
  4. Click OK.
  5. If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
  6. Click OK.

Back