TechSpot

Windows 8 computer wont really boot after viruses and malware were removed

1. My buddy had constantly downloaded unsafe movies and went without an antivirus or anti malware program for like 6 months and his computer was running very slowly. So yesterday I installed anti malware and avast antivirus, the malware scan detected 556 infected programs so I removed them. Avast found 1 virus and I quarantined it. I restarted the computer so anti malware could finish its removing process and when I rebooted the computer it took a while to start and froze when I hit the main screen, then unfroze but went very slow and froze again, So I shut it off. I cant get it to log in anymore without having an infinite welcome screen, or just a black screen but usually I can get to the user screen without problem. I don't really have anymore information on whats occurring however one time I booted there was a blue screen that said "a problem was detected with windows for more information search this up: Driver (there was more to follow This but I didn't catch it)". If anyone could help me I would be very grateful, I'm the reason why he cant use his computer and I really don't want to purchase him a new one. - Thanks Matt

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,915   +167

Re-install Windows fresh...

3. Benmar

Benmar TS Rookie Posts: 53

Try to repair your windows using windows 8 CD..

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.