Windows 8 help

terry5880

Hi all when formatting a windows 8 laptop I go to settings then reset then refresh or reinstall I think . it then gives option to wipe fully which takes about 4 hours or it says just clean my files which is alot shorter, if I do the shorter one will that wipe of everything as if just bought from shop.. thanks in advance

Hi stickman thanks for reply what is . is that in work we get 2nd hand laptops that we buy in and we have to format them for data protection etc so was wondering if doing the shorter way does not clean hard drive fully

'Clean my files' probably doesn't remove installed programs. I forget all the differences, but the 'wipe fully' is what you're after.

Hi Terry5880,

In Windows 8, a new feature in the control panel, called Recovery, allows you to refresh or reset your PC. These are two new options offered in addition to the existing system restore and other recovery options available in previous versions of Windows.

"Refresh your PC" has an option to fix the system without deleting any of your personal files. Although programs that were installed will be gone, the lost programs can be re-installed later, if you have the software available on disks or even online.

For the Reset Option for Windows 8, this will wipe out everything in the system and it will install a fresh copy of Windows 8.

You can find both features in the Charms bar: Click Settings, choose “Change PC Settings” and go to the “General” section.

Click on the Microsoft link below for more information on How to restore, refresh, or reset your PC
http://dell.to/187tCfJ

Please reply if you have further queries.

[FONT=Arial]Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Support Site[/FONT][FONT=Arial] .[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

Back