TechSpot

Windows 8 public folder

By stansfield
Jul 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I do not use the public folder in w8 and want to delete it. Can someone give me an idea on how to do it thru registry or system? thanks

2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

Just leave it there. If you haven't enabled file & folder sharing, there's no problems.

3. stansfield

stansfield TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 45   +7

Well, thanks for that but I wouldn't have asked the question if I hadn't wanted to remove it.
    I am aware "there's no problems" but I am a tidy kind of guy and I don't want a folder that I will never use hanging around and just like anybody else would, I want to delete an unwanted folder except that it is a system folder and trickier to remove. The googled answers I have found don't work and I need the path.

4. stansfield

Forget it! have now deleted it!!!

5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

Good job. :) Can you post the solution here?

6. stansfield

St1ckM4n likes this.
  7. stansfield

Another useful tweak is the "everything" computer search which cuts out the need for the cumbersome windows search. It does what it says on the tin Get from http://www.voidtools.com/download.php

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.