TechSpot

Windows 8 start up issue

By bonmar
Aug 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys.
    I have problem in starting my Laptop,window could not start normall I got black screen infront
    of me whenever I start it so I have to ctrl+Alt+del to start it then thats the time windows is up and
    running.What seems to be the problem?Please help I no idea in this issue

2. Dell_BabitaG

Dell_BabitaG Official Dell Support Posts: 74

Hi Bonmar,

It may be possible that Secure sign-in requiring all users to press Ctrl+Alt+Del is enabled on your computer. This generally provides an additional layer of security to protect the system.

In order to disable this option, please try the following steps:
    • In the Start screen, type netplwiz in the Search box, and then press ENTER.
    • Administrator permission is required. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click the Advanced tab, un-check the "Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete" check box, and then click Apply/Ok.
    Hopefully, this may resolve the issue for you. Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
    Babita G
    #iworkforDell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.