Windows 98 - external hard drive and flash drives dont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittykat871

HI all, I was wondering if any of you could help.

I have a friend with an old laptop that runs Windows 98, it doesnt have a burner, just a CD ROM, it does however have USB ports.

I have been trying to get some photos off it for him to put on his desktop where he can burn them to disc, but how do I do this. I have tried both a flash drive which does not have plug and play drivers for Win98 and also an external hard drive, which is telling me the same thing.

Any suggestions?

Kitty

You need the drivers to run flash drives on Windows 98
Most flash drives (in retail stores) came with this driver disc

If you don't have this disc, you will need to download it from the flash drive manufacturer (actually some are now not supplying this software any longer!)

Worse case scenario, is physically removing the harddrive and then using a USB adapter to plug it into an updated computer

Well that technical board help was discussing Voyager flash drives
And it also is holding the drivers there (which is strange)
You need to go to your manufacturers support page for your flash drive
That's the best link to supply a member (link to the manufacturer support page)
So I don't know why they're linking to their own server, many forums handle things differently I suppose

Edit:

Oh I see now
RAM GUY Corsair Product Guru He's the support guy for corsair.com which sells Voyager flash drives
Gee wiz, it makes it difficult to tell this! It looked like it was some tech thread

yes, it looked confusing, but when I searched the manufacturers pages I couldn't find the drivers anywhere, so I googled the drivers and found them on the technical support boards for corsair (the link that I gave). Not exactly easy! Still haven't tried installing them yet, if I get time tomorrow to drop into my friend's place and try it I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back