Windows Admin Password & SP2 install prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilenceOfComp

Ok, so here's the deal, I was trying to install Windows SP2 from a CD, well It was the files pulled off the CD and put it on a flash drive cause the CD-Rom on the in question PC doesnt work.

Anyway, during the installation of it I got write errors, delayed write errors. Thats not my problem though after I got several errors in a row I canceled the installation, so I let the program terminate itself, it went through and reloaded everything back to normal and at the end it said that window might not work properly anymore.

I was like what ever because I have seen that a million times. I restarted the PC and I got to the Win XP boot screen for about 10 secs then I cuts to a Blue screen with an error message:
"STOP: c0000135 {Unable To Locate Component}
This application has failed to start because winsrv was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

So I am now forced to go buy a CD-Rom and Repair windows with the boot disc but to my dismay I am greeted with a admin password prompt and the owner of the PC has no idea what it could be, and claims to have never set one, I already tried to just hit enter and it doesn't seem to wanna take, any suggestions anyone?

Thanks for the info but I cannot get anything to work, copied a new winsrv.dll file into it and got the same error after it thought for about 30secs instead. I really appreciate the help.

try booting SAFE MODE and login via Admin there -- likely not to have a password (yet).

SilenceOfComp said:
Ok, tried to remove SP2 and it could not find the file or directory specified. I think Im just screwed.

the link was to re-install not to remove 'winsrv'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back