Windows Admin User Account Downgraded to "Guest Account" - Cannot Access My Files!

By parrotgirl
Nov 28, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At work today, a "tech guy" came in to install virus software. Instead, he took away my computer's admin user account and left it with only the "guest" option. I have no idea why this was done either! At this point, I cannot access any of my files saved onto the admin user account (the one I had been using) since it is no longer an option when restarting the computer. All I can do it log in as a guest. Is there anyway to revert to the admin account or at least extract the files that were saved on there? Would I need a password for that (previously when I logged in, I just click admin without a password)? Any help or advice would be appriciated.
  2. Po`Girl

Po`Girl Newcomer, in training Posts: 668

Hi,

As this is a work computer,and the company IT changed your configuration,

the first thing to do is contact them,and find out -

a.Was it deliberate.

b.Will they change it back.

There are ways to reset admin passwords if you have access to the BIOS,and a suitable CD.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.