Windows Audio Service Refuses To Start

dozzyo9080

It was working just fine until recently... It says
3tARN.png

[FONT=verdana]If there is any other info you need to know about the problem to help me fix it please tell me... I am not sure what I should say.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Hi Dozzyo9080,[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Hopefully, as mentioned in the post above, System Restore should resolve the issue for you. In case it does not, please try the steps below:[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Go to: [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Control Panel > Administrative Tools > View Local Services[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]This is the "Services" window, it lists all the system services. Look for "Windows Audio" NOT "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder"[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri](just click on any service, then press the letter "W" on your keyboard, it will take you to the services starting with the letter "W").[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Right click on the "Windows Audio" service and choose "Properties"[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]You will see 4 tabs, click on the last one labeled "Dependencies"[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]In that tab, you will see the "This service depends on the following system components" box, it displays 3 services.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Beside each service there is a "+" icon, click on it to expand the list. The 2nd service will have 2 child services, the 3rd service will have 1 child service.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Now make sure that all the 6 services (3 main, 3 child) have the "Started" status in the "Services" window you opened earlier.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Most probably you will find one of those services are not running, just start all of them, then try to start the "Window Audio" service from the "General" tab. The Windows Audio service should be started and you should not see the same error message anymore.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Please reply if you have further queries.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell [/FONT]

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site[FONT=Calibri] .[/FONT]

Hi Dozzyo9080,

We hope the audio issue on your system is resolved. Let us know if you need continued assistance with this issue[FONT=Calibri]. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Thanks and regards, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Babita G [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]#[/FONT][FONT=Arial]iworkforDell [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]

Back