Windows automatically reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just formatted my computer and the only things on it right now are about 8 games and ms office. Whenever I try to play a game, for example CS source, I open it up find a server i want to connect to, hit connect, it goes through the loading process and right before it finishes loading, my monitor goes blank and after about 20 seconds my computer reboots. This only happens every so often (about 1/3 times i play CSS). Although on other game it happens every time. On Silkroad It freezes up at the beginning of the log in screen then goes blank and reboots. Also sometimes after it reboots I get a error report message saying "Microsoft windows xp has recovered from a fatal error, would you like to send an email to Microsoft containing..." with the option of "send an error report", or "don't send". Someone please tell me what's wrong. Any suggestions could help.

When you say "format", I'm assuming just a recovery. This sounds like a network issue. Try some obvious issues to start by checking firewall settings. Check common ports such as FTP (20/21 TCP), Secure Socket Layering (Port 22 TCP/UDP) HTTP, because I believe some servers include webpages in servers (which is port 80 TCP). Just for saftey, check DNS and DHCP ports as well, which are 953 TCP/UDP and 67/68 UDP respectively.

More indepth ports: allow 27030-27039 (TCP) and 1200, 27000-27015 (UDP) This is for Half Life 2/Counter-Strike: Source Steam (The client itself). Then allow 27015 (TCP) and 27015-27020 (UDP). This is for Half Life 2/Counter-Strike Source Steam servers.

If any issues are not resolved, PM me. I'll try to get more in-depth.

Member cannot PM due to not having enough posts as yet
Also better to answer all questions on the open forum (ie here!)

That way, others may also find the answer, through these questions

Hard to troubleshoot without any system or computer information:

1. What is the operating system?
2. What type of processor do you have (Intel vs AMD)?
3. What is the computer model- desktop or laptop?
4. How much installed RAM do you have?
5. Do you have the latest Windows Updates? Do the include the SPs (SP3, SP1)?

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

If you have a brand name computer (like Dell; HP; or other) please place the Computer name & Model number in your Mobo field of your Profile

is that a 3d game ?

check if the driver for the video card is installed ??

start -> run-> "devmgmt.msc" ->ok
check if you have a yellow question mark on video controllers

restart ur computer , keep tabbing on the key F8 and boot using "disable automatic restart on system failure" option

you may get to a blue screen error message instead of reboot , post back with the "stop 0x" error code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back