Windows boot and admin account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

When ever i start windows up it gets past the loading screen and it asks me to pick from a list of 4 "Windows XP Pro" choices. only the top option works is there any way to get rid of it so it just picks option one and loads?.
recently, in fact last night i reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows so i don't know what the problem is.

Also after i choose what windows to load it logs straight into the Admin account of the computer doesn't even ask for the password and doesn't even show the other accounts on the computer. and this is a real problem as other people use my computer and i don't want them to have admin control when they do.

Edit the c:\boot.ini file to remove the other boot entries.

It probably logs you straight in, because that user account is the only one. Once you have created more users, their accounts should appear.

Thank you you have fixed my boot problem. but it still logs in. the admin account has a password on it i made like 5 new accounts to test one with admin rights and password. one with rights and no password. one limited with password and one with out. and it still just logs me into the core admin account

OK. Then you may have enabled the automatic login. In the properties of the admin user, there should be a tick box saying that the user is required to enter a password or suchlike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back