Windows boots up but no keyboard light

Condor

Hi

I recently clean my pc with a compressed air cannier and I'm not sure if that contribute to the problem I'm about to tell you guys.

Well after the cleaning my PC , it differently the next day. For instance I can't shutdown even through I can still use my mouse but there was no keyboard and for some reason the system stay at "saving your work..."

I had to manually hit the reset button for my PC to boot up and work like normal again. There was no green light near the power/reset button in front of my PC cover panel until I hit the reset button.

Cheers

Please share some more information with us:

1. Where did you use the compressed air? Just the keyboard? Inside? Laptop or desktop?
2. Did you follow the directions on the can carefully? If you spray too long in one place, you can actually 'freeze' that section.
3. What is the status now?
"there was no keyboard">> clarify this. Does keyboard work? Is it on laptop or for desktop. Or are you referring to an onscreen keyboard?
4. Did the reset fix all the problems? Do they continue to work now?
----------------------------------------------------
Try running an Error Check (Chkdsk)
How to Run Check Disk in Windows XP>> HERE

How to Run Check Disk at Startup in Vista or Windows 7>> HERE

Use the link appropriate for the operating system. This may help remove any 'glitch' that may be causing the problem.
NOTE: If you have not run the Chkdsk previously as part of your maintenance, it will take a while. Let it finish the 5 sections- it will reboot the system when finished

Hi Bobbye

I spray the compressed air like I always did right inside my rig where my video card and mobo resided. I might stick the extention tube to far this time and may spray on the same spot like you said for to long hehe

The keyboard light just won't turn on after window boot up and for somre reason that also caused window not able to restart or shutdown (It was stucked on "saving your setting" forever) unitl I hit the reset button and everything seem to work, even my keyboard light would turn on (Num lock light) after the reset.

I always tend to restart after the hard reset and do a scan disk afterward but nothing seem to fix my current problem.

I wonder if I should uninstall my keyboard driver and uninstall it to see if it able to fix the problem : )

cheers for reading.

The keyboard light just won't turn on after window boot up and for somre reason that also caused window not able to restart or shutdown

If Windows won't restart and you are forced to do a cold boot, the keyboard light won't come on because it hasn't been started. And if you did indeed 'freeze' any of the internal components, you may have damaged them- them it becomes a hardware problem.

When you refer to keyboard light, do you mean a keyboard connecting through a USB drive? Please tell me if you're using a desktop or laptop computer.

Not usb drive but the regular connector (looks purple and old fashion) on my Desktop.

Not usb drive but the regular connector (looks purple and old fashion) on my Desktop.

Your talking about the older styled PS2 keyboard connector, the spin off of the even older serial port keyboard connector!

Just to be clear here, is the following image what you use, the connector and port, does this match the color of your connector?

ps2keyboard.jpg

if it is, than I would suggest possibly getting yourself a new PS2 keyboard, or slightly upgrade to a new USB port styled one!

Condor, we love our Windows XP and the machines it runs on. Unfortunately, after all these years, things may begin to go wrong- both hardware and software.If your questions in the past few threads were all for the same machine, here are some tips that may help you:

1. Taskbar:
You had no Taskbar to press ShutDown. Make sure it's set as follows:
  • Right click on the Taskbar (which I hope you've found)> Properties
  • Screen that opens should be for Taskbar:
  • Check Lock the Taskbar
  • Check Always keep the Taskbar on top
  • Check Show Quick Launch Toolbar (if you want these shortcuts next to the Start button.)

Be sure this is NOT checked: Autohide the Taskbar.

Click on Apply> OK when finished.
--------------------------------------
Press F11 to make sure you're not in Full Screen mode. You will not see the Taskbar in that mode.
--------------------------------------
2. Possible hard drive failure.
Were you able to resolve the following issue?
I had a problem with window starting up after my area got hit by a black out.
-------------------------------------
3. Updates.
  • Windows: Are you current on Windows Updates? Did you get SP3?
  • The Adobe Reader and Java must be kept current for security protection. The most current Java is v7u5 and the most current Adobe Reader is vX(10).xx. If you do not have these>>

Please update the following:
Note: Check each download screen for any pre-checked Toolbars or BHOs. Uncheck them before the download.
Adobe Reader > Current is vX(10.xx)> Adobe Reader Update
Java(TM) > Current is v7u5> Java Updates .
Uninstall any earlier versions in of both as they are vulnerabilities for the system.

Back