Windows can not remove password

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if someone could help me. My computer at church is using xp pro., for some reason when I log in, I use "church" as my passord and other times no password is needed. When I try to remove the password or change it, Windows says, it can not do it. Any suggestions?:confused:

Hi Viperm)1 and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

Cant say I have ever come across an occasion when a password wasnt always necessary, its either there or it isnt, how do you log on , do you use the standard windows logon screen or the welcome screen.

Regards

multiple passwords

I loggon sometime by just hitting enter at the login screen, other times I have to try different passwords until i get the right one. which could be 2 different ones

Hi again

If you hit enter then your using the standard logon box, the one where it asks for a username and password, however I still cant understand how you are able to logon to a password protected account without a password, some of the time.

You cant have 2 different ones, you can only have 1 password, unless someone else is changing the password behind your back, ahh thats a thought, does anyone else have access to the box if so ask them are they messing with the password.

As to why you cant change the password all I can think of is that xp is set not to allow you to change your password, this can be done by going into

Start > settings > control panel >administrative tools >computer management > local users and groups >users > double click the user account in question,

You will find a box for "user cannot change password".

Of course if the PC in question is managed by a Domain Controller or there is 3rd party software of some sorts this may not count.

I cant say anymore, other than if its not your PC see the guy in charge...

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back