windows cannot find '(null)' on IE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaac

hey guys:

i would appreciate as much help as posible with this situation.
I believe my browser got hi-jacked.
when i open IE(which has the icon of ie7, but is really IE6) wierd"
when i try to use the address bar to go to any website it comes back with an error message saying that : windows cannot find '(null)' make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again, to search for a file click the start button". now, when i look at the process i see many instances of ie.explorer.exe running and one of them takes 46k kb. even if i terminate the process or the tree completely it comes right back flying. This happens even when i don't have IE running .
if i use search bar from my homepage(msn) i could browse over different sites and stuff but i cannot use either google search bar nor the main address bar.

i have ran spyboot and fix a bunch of errors.

i ran hijack this
spyware doctor.
fsc/scannow command

i'm not too familiar with hijack this and i'm not sure which ones i need to select. but anyways if anyone knows what is going on i would really apreciate any help u guys could give

is there anyway that i could repair ei6 or unistall it and then isntall it again, i jsut sick of troubleshooting this.

Please i would appreciate any help.

note: ( i installed mozilla firefox just so i could do my daily things and sometimes i open IE and try looking for something and it opens mozilla and it loads it at mozilla.) if this help

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of isaac only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hijack results

here is the log file for hijackthis.

thanks for the replies.

sorry if i attached more than one, but wasn't sure if it was attached.

Sorry, but you need to re read the instructions. HijackThis needs to be renamed and i need to see an AVG antispyware log and a combofix log.
You are also using an old version of HijackThis. You need to download the new one.

This thread is for the use of isaac only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hijack this log file

ok guys the results for the avg antispyware did not come back any good they all read no action taken, and i follow all the steps but the one to install adaware, the link was broken and i couldn't get to it/ and also the combofix.exe and .
ss&d found and fixed some errors,
the antirootkit program did not detect anything/.
vundofix did not detect anything, ccclreaner found and cleaned a few things

guys let me know if the hijack log file helps.

i have spent all they long today doing this so if yoou could post any feedback, i would appreciate it.
thanks!

Here is a quick guide to AVG antispyware - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic67970.html

Your HJT log only shows 1 deactivated entry that needs to be removed.

As i said in my previous post, i need to see your AVG antispyware log and your combofix log. It takes a combination of the 3 logs to determine if your pc is clean or not.

If you want an effective cure then i must have all 3.

hey guys here are the results of the avg antispyware, hijack this, and combofix.exe

hope this could help determine what's wrong/

thanks

these are the results for the thread (windows cannot find null... on ie 6)

for some reason the attachments were not showing up

combofix.txt
hijackthis.txt
avg scan report/

hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back