Windows cannot find rund.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a virus. I believe it's a malware virus. I tried downloading malwarebytes. I renamed the file name and got it to install. I tried renaming the exe file but it won't run. I tried to go into my computer properties to disable the tray thingy but I get an error message - windows cannot find c:\windows\sys32\rund.dll. I get this error message a lot now. I can't go to a lot of sites, I'm shocked this one is working.

My grandfather said computers were of the devil, and today I believe him. Can you guys help?

Wayne

You neglected to tell us the brand and model of your computer, along with the hardware configuration and the software.
It is likely that you have a series of infestations.
Take a look elsewhere on this forum for the 8 Steps:
or
UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Follow that guide carefully.

Malwarebytes

Uhhh, I don't really know what all the hardware is. It's a computer my dad built before he died. I'm pretty sure it's an Acer mb. It has 2 hard drives, one I just installed because the other one is just about full. I think they are both 40 gig. I tried the 8 step process. I ran the c cleaner. I can't get to the download sites for the fire wall and antivirus. I already have the malwarebytes working, but now it blue screens about 14 min into it. How can I stop it from blue screening?

I could be rong, but I don't think Acer made motherboards. They generally purchased them from others.
You have some failing hard ware... The number one cause of blue screens is video graphics... either card or the driver. Then it could be a fan, power supply, cpu fan, inadequate thermal paste for the CPU-Heat Sink. But it could also be any component stuffed in a PCI slot... or the drivers for the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back