Windows cannot install, I get errors etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had problems with windows it wouldn't start, there were a lot of **** on my comp anyway so im like screw it im gonna format. I formatted, now when I go to the windows setup and its installing the windows stuff its stuck at 39 minutes. Then I get some blue screen error and its always some stupid thing, like turned off APCI mode or someting and I did that, then it just did not work. And the other stuff wants me to go into safe mode which is impossible since I don't have windows installed yet. My mobo is a Asus P4S800D and my friend told me to update it to the BIOS beta version that fixed my vid card problems that I was having, it kind of did but I think it has something to do with my windows not installing. Its been like 2-3 days i've been playing around and I can't seem to figure it out. My windows disc is fine, I recently installed windows on my sisters computer 2 days ago with the disc. I really can't seem to figure out why it just won't install, and sometimes while installing it stops and gets an error then crashes and its the same **** I always get. I tried another verison of wndows (xp home), and it did the same thing. It definately has something to do with my BIOS, or something else. Any suggestions?

Had a similar problem when running XP Pro in "repair" mode at 34 mins. Continued by pressing RESET button and after about 5 heart attacks and a lot of patience Windows eventually picked up each sector from where it had stopped and completed the installation without any loss of my old data.

this "34" minute thing has happened to me also. i tried the cd in 3 other machines. same problem. it was the cd. once i exchanged it, it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back