Windows cannot load the device driver (Keyboard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

husamn

Hi,

I have a problem with my pc:

Last week...I was using my pc normally ( chating, playin games, etc) then I shut down my pc as I go off to sleep, then next day when I woke up, I turn on pc and open firefox to enter a site address, as soon as I pressed a key on the keyboard, the mouse and keyboard got stopped working, but the pc was workin normally.

then I went to device manager and saw this error:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

error from the keyboard only.

and I tried uninstalling it and re install but same error.

I tried 3 different keyboards from my friends, same error.
even used USB keyboards, normal ones, none worked.

I tried to do a system restore, but unfortunately my HD is full of stuff and there's no space to create system restore points on HD (C)

so it was not possible.

what could be the problem guys?

I really need help

like i said

i have AVG, AD-Aware.

normal windows firewall.

AVG = Anti Virus
and using the normal firewall.

You should have made your previous post clearer. Avg do both antivirus and anti-spyware.

There are a few possibilities as to the cause of your problem.

1 - Spyware.
2 - Faulty mobo (not that likely).
3 - Faulty ram.
4 - Failing hard drive.

Has your pc crashed at all? Do you have any other symptoms?

At this point it would be useful to know what pc you have!

I'm trying to think of a way to fix this since you can type or use your mouse, most likely a bad Upperfilter setting in the registry - this is usually the problem when people generate code 39 - Ive mostly seen it with Cd-roms. Or one of the options Rik said

this is a new pc, don't think there are problems with hardware.

it crashed 1 or 2 times before.

What should I do?

Have you tried booting from your windows CD? Or trying to boot into safemode

If one of these work, I may have a fix for you

Im about 90% sure that kbdclass.sys is corrupt

dont know what u mean by booting from windows CD.

when i press F8 i only get the "select boot" screen, there is no "safe mode" screen.

Well if you have your windows CD which i hope you do

On many computers you can activate a one-time boot menu to choose which device to boot from by pressing a key when the computer manufacturer's logo screen displays.

* Dell: F12
* Gateway (newer): F10
* Gateway (older): ESC
* HP: ESC
* Compaq: ESC
* Toshiba: F12

If you don't have one of these then you can still do this by going into BIOS at startup and setting a boot order -> select CD rom as the primary. insert the CD and save/exit. Reboot

Blind Dragon said:
Have you tried booting from your windows CD? Or trying to boot into safemode

If one of these work, I may have a fix for you

Im about 90% sure that kbdclass.sys is corrupt

Hi, i hav the same prooblem and i hav checked in device manager and found this message:
'Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.'

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling,it doesnt work
I would appreciate help very much.

2 options here -> we will do the easy one first and if it doesn't work we can try the harder one.

device manager-> uninstall the keyboard-> scan for hardware changes

see if that works for you if not - I will go ahead and start working on option 2

ah yea i can boot the windows xp cd.

but then what to do?

i have a feeling its a kbdclass.sys problem like u said.

What makes you say that you think its kbdclass also

Before doing this open the following folder and leave open -> c:\windows\system32\drivers\kbdclass.sys

1)Start> Run> type regedit (if can't type go to C:\Windows\System32\Regedit32.exe)
2) Click on Edit -> Find
3) Type in kbdclass (if you can't type copy and paste from the file we opened before starting)
4) Search through for as many Upperfilters you can find. try the path below first.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\

5) They most likely have 2 lots of drivers associated with it eg 'tphclhs kbdclass'
6) Double click the 'Upperfilter' and delete the other entry except 'kbdclass'
7) Search for all instances of this and change them
8) Go to device manager and uninstall your keyboard - then 'scan for hardware changes'
9) You will most likely need to restart

*If you do not have 2 sets of drivers associated with it then please close the registry editor without editing anything

YIPEEEEE,Thanks a lot, I am now typing using my keyboard once again.
Blind Dragon rocks. Keep up the good work.

You may have more than just 'tphclhs kbdclass' and 'kbdclass' if you do, delete the other instances of it and leave only the original 'kbdclass'

w00000000t it worked man!

ur a genius!

thanks allot, been in hell using that stupid on-screen keyboard.

ahhh it feels great.

Yea man I use VMWare

Nope i dont use VMware. Never heard of it. My keyboard had stopped working after i suspected a spyware and installed unhackme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back