Windows cant find EULA when trying to install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer_Simpson

I have made a Windows CD from a recovery partition, however when I try to use it it reaches a point where it fails because it cannot find the EULA. I followed insructions from the net to make the CD from the I386 folder on my C drive, although the actual recovery part is on my D drive. It is annoying, but I wonder if using the folder from the D drive might be the way to go as the EULA may be missing from the I386 folder on the C drive. Has anybody got any ideas? Have checked folder that I copied contents of I386 from C drive into and it contains several EULA`s, listed below.
Badeula.ht_
Ieeula.ch_
Neweula.ht_
Neweula2.ht_

My slipstreamed disk has the XP Eula (eula.txt) in E:\Support\Tools\Support.Cab folder. 16 kb

Have checked and EULA.txt is missing from the I386 folder on the C drive, however the I386 folder on the D drive is locked and I am unable to access it. So it looks like a dead end, unless it is possible to get this EULA from another source.

Check in C:\Program Files\Support Tools - same one as on my install disk.

edit: for what it is worth, my slipstreamed disk works great and was built using the following site as a guide:

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html

If you look through there, there you will see a screen display of all the stuff being burned to the cd - the Support folder which contains the eula.txt is one of the needed items.

gl

:)

Thanks for the quick replies CCT, however that particular folder does not exist on my installation. Sorry I should maybe have listed my computers details which are as follows Compaq Presario, XP Home SP2 as previously stated all recovery software is on the D partition and locked so I have no access to it.

I think I may have found the said folder! On this installation it is in C:\SWSETUP\VALADD. In that folder there is a folder called Support\Tools and contains the following files,
ACT20.EXE
DEPLOY.CAB
FASTWIZ.EXE
GBUNICNV.EXE
MSPDPCLI.EXE
README.HTM
SETUP.EXE
SUP_PRO.CAB
SUP_SRV.CAB
SUPPORT.CAB
SUPTOOLS.MSI
I will copy this folder into the setup folder and burn a new CD and see if this works!

Thanks for the link CCT, but that only creates a disc that resets the PC to how it was shipped complete with all trial bloatware, etc. I wish to do a repair install, that is why I am trying to burn a prpoper windows CD.
Many thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back