WINDOWS can't open your profil. you will be directed to a temp profil!! wat??

Status
Not open for further replies.

animemanga

Widows wont let me open my users account. it take me to a temp. account where wateva you save will not be saved when you log off. the documents are still there, but my settings are all gone. anyone have any clue.
and i would be happy of someone would mention how to make a user account have the main power over the others. as in he can change passwords,delete users and so on. but his password can't be changed neither can he be deleted without his password. u know wat i mean ?

Well, my computer is set up to log onto a server, so my User Accounts thingy is not like most people's is. But I think it goes something like this:
Go start-->run, and type in 'Control Panel.' Click 'User Accounts.' Click 'new account,' and then name it whatever you want. I think that during the creation process it gives you the option to make it an administrative account, click that. Once the account is created, on the account page, it has something about 'create a password.' That process should be self-explanatory. Anyway, hope this makes sense.
--kitty500cat

Windows loads a temporary profile when the main one has been damaged.
You need to create a new profile.See HERE A special case HERE

As for your second question,to change a User account to Adminstrator,

just log into another Admin account (Windows insists there is always one Admin),

go to "User Accounts" in the control panel,and change it there.

i don't think i made myself clear enough. i know how to make a user an admin, but however another user could also be an admin and have the same authority.
my question was if there's a way to be an admin that controlls the other admins.
about my first question isn't there anyway that i could gain back my profile and all my settings. wat is the cause of my problem?and how could i avoid it next time? + widows doesn't save settings on normal accounts(it saves some and leaves out most).

I know this will sound crazy, but I had that happen to me when I had a drive cable that was loose. I reseated everything and haven't had the issue since.

loose drive cable?? that may seem strange. last time i looked my pc was telling i have three disc hard drive(excluding floppy)while i only have two. is that wat you mean. how can i solve it if that's the case.

so window doesn't have a setting that could make an admin have power over the others. or there something i dont know about. am gonna take this question to the other part of the forum. maybe the have answers to it

Your referring to the built in "Super Admin" account - HERE

Some ways to recover a profile - HERE Although creating a new one is not that big a deal.

thanx. the first link you gave me only guides you on how to unhide the widows admin which you can see only in safe mode. super admin? what power does it have over the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back