Windows Crash with bc code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i have a nasty problem with my computer, i play WoW and very often i get random crashes that result in havin to restart my computer. i am now running a new video card and new memory cards and still get the crashes, only now i get the following message when i enter windows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000060
BCP2: 0000001B
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 8186AF72
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini111407-01.dmp
C:\Users\Caleb\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-40953-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Caleb\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBB70.tmp.version.txt

I am running windows vista, pentium 4 at 3.4 ghz, mainboard asrock 4coredual-vsta, 768 ram ddr1, now a nvidia card 6200, hdd WD 200gb, 400W source.

The freezes are absolutely random and when i get them the screen freezes and the music goes into a loop and i have to restart the computer manually. Please help

hmmmmm.

I noticed you are running Vista with only 768mb RAM and you mentioned that you are running a new video card and assumingly new video drivers. Firstly i would recommend using ATLEAST 1048mb RAM and see if you can download a different driver for your video card/ Soundcard

well the problem is i changed my ram and video card in order to sort out the existing problem of freezes so i don't think that either the amount of ram or the video drivers(new ones of course) are the problem. If anyone can decipher the code in my post please explain to me what it says. thank you.

All that error means is,quote : "Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software."

That narrows it down to a problem on your system,somewhere.:D

Crashes during a game are either caused by the game,the video drivers,the video card,

or "insufficient resources"(too low spec system for the game).

You could post the full minidump(s) from C:\\Windows\Minidump\*, if you want.

how do i post the minidumps? i found them in the folder u specified but what do i copy? the titles are dates when errors occur i think but what do i copy?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, please attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps. See HERE for how to attach files.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back