TechSpot

Windows Crashed when playing games ~

By z_in
Dec 21, 2006
  1. My PC crashed when i was playing EnterTheMatrix ... it was a bluescreen, but without anything on it. Just a plain blue color on screen. Is it sort of RAM problem? because i on the computer for almost 3 days.

I have uploaded the Minidump file, sorry to be troublesome, but i need help from the experts here. Thank you.

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,681   +392

90% of the time when a computer bluescreens or crashes in a game it is because of video drivers. Update those.

Check the Event Viewer for information around the time the blue screen happened.

3. z_in

z_in TS Rookie Topic Starter

Is it my problem consider as bluescreen? The bluescreen happens on me is quite special, cause there is nothing on it, just a plain bluescreen. I encountered bluescreen problem before, but that is with message.

By the way, I'm using Radeon 9550, suppose that my video card driver is ok, I can run NFS:Carbon, FIFA06, WIII:FrozenThrone, CS:Source smoothly, since EnterTheMatrix is quite an old game.

4. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

minidump seems to be corrupted. If you have any new ones post a couple of them (up to five if possible)

Have a go at this: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html
    and like sngx says, update your drivers as well..

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.