Windows crashes before starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've an ASUS A2500H laptop who worked fine until last week. I shutdown the laptop normally, but when I tried to turn it on again it acted quite weird.

It started normally, loading windows but then, when the UserInterface just started it crashed (my mouse was the only visible thing). I restarted the computer in safe mode, but the same thing happened. I've also tried to use knoppix live cd to get my files back, but nothing would boot.

Could anyone please help me?

you could try, get to the Partition part. it should go well and delete the partition and try start fresh if that doesnt work, I've heard hiren's boot CD can some in handy..

when I put a cd in, it doesn't boot. It just doesn't want to boot, no matter if I put the cd drive first in the boot list or last. but when I use these cds on another computer they boot normally.

I think your CD may be broke, since it doesnt wana read..

Hmm do you have 2 drivers in??

|-----------|
|======== |<- CD Drive 1
| |
|======== |<-- CD Drive 2
| |
| |
| |
|-----------|

If so and you're using the bottom one (CD Drive 2) cause the top dont work, then that may be the problem, I have the same problem with my brothers computer, we fixed it by putt the bottom on the top and the top on the bottom..

and are you making sure your CD Room is being used at start up? to change it go into the BIOS since all BIOS's are different I cant tell you how EXACTLY but on my comp you can go to the BIOS or press F12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back