Windows crashing if using wifi. Works hard wired. Any PC in house Macs work fine.

taylub

Hi everyone, I have a very frustrating problem that I just cannot resolve. I will try to explain as best I can. Some basic info is I have cox internet 20mb. Surfboard extreme and newest AirPort Extreme(cylinder model) also tried older AirPort Extreme. We have upwards of 20 (xbox,apple tvs,phones,etc) devices that could use wifi In the house. All work fine for the most part except my two windows PC.

What will happen is the computers will work for anywhere between 5-30 minutes on wifi then the symptoms occur. One custom computer on windows 7 will start to freeze and you cannot load any program or shut down, you have to force shutdown and on reboot it will work for the next few hours. The other PC is a prebuilt dell xps windows 8. This one will crash to a green or pink colored screen and require a reboot every 1-5min sometimes it becomes unusable because it will not stop crashing. Now both of these computers work perfect if I use Ethernet and disable wifi adapter.

I do not know a whole lot about networking so any help is extremely appreciated. I tried to keep the post shorter to make it easier to read but please ask me anything and I will try to explain.

Back