Windows - Delayed Writing Failed / XP Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father purchased a grafic card from a vendor in singapore. It is a Geforce FX 5200 / Winfast A340 TD. The problem i am having which i am hopeful that you can help me out with is as follows:

Computer Specs :
160gb Seagate Hdd,
Pentium 4 1.5 Ghz Processor,
Gigabyte Motherboard,
512 + 256 Mb DDR Ram,
Rest Includes Cd-Rw etc.

The Problem :
I Installed Windows XP (no SP) and tried running it, worked fne for sumtime but soon started giving an error saying "Windows - Delayed Write Failed while saving.... ", this reoccured while i was downloading or installing things from my other partioned drives.
At this time the comp only responds a little after long intervals.
I Have re-formatted multiple times but the problem occurs everytime.
I have tried everything from changing LargeSystemCache in the registry to 1 and also changing the cable of the HDD and checking all the connections.
I have also Disabled the second IDE.
But to no effect.

Now there is no error shown after i installed the Win Xp Pro Sp2 but still after a little usage or when something is installed/downloaded the computer hangs.

The Solution : when i removed the grafic card which is above mentioned , the comp worked fine and there was no error and the computer never crashed or hung.

I have tried the grafic card with my much older hdd of seagate with the capacity of 10gb also running Win XP, but there was no problem at that time.

Please can you tell me what can be done, as i was very much looking forward to using your product and am desperate as i have looked through and tried everything mentioned everywhere online , ranging from forums to microsoft support.

Hope to recieve a reply from you soon. Thank you in advance.

SiN said:
Computer Specs :
160gb Seagate Hdd,
Pentium 4 1.5 Ghz Processor,
Gigabyte Motherboard,
512 + 256 Mb DDR Ram, <<<<<<<
Rest Includes Cd-Rw etc.

I have tried everything from changing LargeSystemCache in the registry to 1 and also changing the cable of the HDD and checking all the connections.
I have also Disabled the second IDE.
But to no effect.

Now there is no error shown after i installed the Win Xp Pro Sp2 but still after a little usage or when something is installed/downloaded the computer hangs.
Recommend LargeSystemCache=0 and adding another 256MB of ram.
Also set pagefile to 1024mb.

You're pushing memory to hard and need to make more available.
With LargeSystemCache=1, you keep more in memory and when you need to
do the write, there's not enough buffer space to complete the I/O.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back