Windows did not start successfully

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting this message. Afterwards a blue screen popups up the goes back to the same message.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows
Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked) Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Seconds until Windows starts: 30

I have some important files saved on computer that I do not want to loose. What should I do?

As long as you dont completely wipe the HDD, your data should be fine.

When did this start occuring and what was the last thing you remember doing on the computer before this all started? My dad had a similar error where by windows wouldnt start and went in a loop like you are experiencing - it turned out to be a dodgy HDD, which he sent away under warranty and got replaced (some of the data they did manage to pull)

when you choose one of the options, does XP start?
or do you get the blue screen again and restarts the computer?

Can u boot using safe mode???
if so...
goto safe mode and uninstall any recent softwares u installed ... which u think that they created problem after installing them.
Then restart it.. and use last known good configuration.

I used the computer to check my email the night before. The next day the message showed up. This happened on Monday. It does not let me get in to safe mode or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back