windows disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

onesmartidiot

I apologize if this is piracy, if so ill delete this question... but i dont see why it would be.

I have a fully legit win xp pro key i bought at "the computer factory" .

it says ibm corp. on it, so it's oem.

i bought it back in '04, so i have an sp1 install disc. is it possible to buy a "pressed" widnows disc with sp2 on it? ive tried "slipstreaming" but cant seem to get it to work. some guy at microcenter today told me to look at torrents or something, i have a feeling that is illegal. it would just be nice to buy a sp2 disc without buying the $150 key that i already have. i nuke my machine about every three months to keep it running nice. but havning to install sp2, then 821734029837 updates is getting old.

thanks

Ask IBM for the CD. It shouldn't cost too much and you would get a nice pressed factory thing.

And yes, you may find a XPSP2 OEM CD online.

nLite (freeware & spyware-free) makes it very easy to create a slipstreamed bootable CD. I've used it before & recommend it whenever I can. :)

Like Didou said nLite is an excellent program that makes slipstreaming a disk very easy. I have used it many times with great success. You could play around with nLite for months trying all the different options if you really wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back