Windows error - anish

Status
Not open for further replies.
While i am working in Windows XP professional, suddenly a blue screen is coming with some error messages. After that the windows is shutting down and it is not booting again. If i tried again and again it is booting. This happened many times, I have Symantec Anti-virus in my computer and updating regularly. The error messages are as follows ;
A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen. Restart your computer if this screen appears again - follow these steps :
Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration and check. For any updated drivers Run CHKDSK/F to check. For hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.
Techinical Information :
xxx STOP : 0x00000024 (0x001902fe, 0xf616236c, 0xf6162068, 0xf744dd6f)
xxx NTFS sys - address f744dd6f - base -at.f73cc00, datestamp 41107eea
Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

This is the message coming.
Thank you

STOP : 0x00000024 can be fixed by running Check Disk.

But due to the fact that this can be a Partition fault, it is possible to lose data in the process. If your data is extremely important to you, you might want to connect your harddrive to another computer to retrieve the data first.

If you are unable to load Windows in Normal or Safe modes, then you will need to start Windows from your Windows Setup CD, and go to the Recovery console, and type:
chkdsk c: /p
Type Exit once complete

Otherwise if Windows does start please try this:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer
  • Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
  • Click Properties, and then click Tools.
  • Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:
  • • To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
  • • To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (tick)
  • • To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

anish, my complements for giving the entire error message! We frequently don't get that and have to waste questions asking for it! The 024 error is a NTFS error

By the way, I always run the Error Checking with both the fix and scan features enabled. And I access it from the Local Drive Properties through My Computer. It's a short 'trip' that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back