windows explorer page cannot be displayed error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i had this problem for few months now, its driving me crazy and i have no idea how to fix it. I have tried almost every single solution i found on other forums and still no help, im literally in despair. My internet explorer shows ''Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'' for any website, not just that, i get no internet connection or programs such as AIM Triton that i think connects through IE or something, and some program that contain internet parts shows ''Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'' as well.
However, the weird thing is that firefox works perfectly fine, so does AOL 9.0, but IE cannot open a single page and alot of internet depending programs (not all) stopped working as well. I use cable modem connection. Here are the solutions i have tried:

- renew IP address
-LSPfix
-WinsockFix
-Uninstalling AOL
-Uninstalling Kaspersky Anti-virus
-running stuff lik regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
-start windows on dignostic mode
-reinstalling IE / switch to IE 6.0

none of the suggestions worked for me, im so frastruated! my next solution is to use a club and smash my computer! anyone who have any other ideas plz tell me, ill be eternerly grateful if u fix my problem!

its not matter of using certain internet browsers, but other programs besides IE is stopped working, such as Forex Tradestation, or AIM Triton, and certain game clients, which is what im trying to fix

chadderbob,

I'm having the same problem with my parents' computer. I'm pretty confident that the problem with IE was caused by removing malware, but LSPfix and WinSockFix didn't work for me either. I hope someone will be able to give us some more suggestions. At least Firefox is working.

lauraloo

It sounds very like a firewall problem.
You have checked out that possibility haven`t you ?

Try disabling your firewalll for a few seconds,
just long enough to test if IE works.

chadderbob do you have micro trend PC-cillin internet security? I'll bet you do and yours did the same thing mine did. It blocked IE somehow. If you don't then your darn firewall blocked IE for some reason. Just like Po' Girl said unblock it in your firewall. Set the fire wall to allow all connections from IE.

after tireless attempt, my last option was to reformat my PC. The only sure way to solve the problem. And of course, it worked, after backing up my hard drive and reformat, everything went back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back