Windows Explorer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
i was wondering if this is possible.

lets say there are 3 folders x,y,z in a drive. each of them have a subfolder 1,2,3 respectively. if i want to paste a folder "A" or a file "A" in folders 1,2,3 all at once, is it possible? i've tried various things, including selecting all the folders in which i want a new file/folder and pasting, but it only paste's in the first of the three selected ones. any help on this?

thanks in advance,
- w m

.. well you see i'm working at place where we have to make multiple folders for clients. so we just make a template instead (with all the folders we want for clients) and paste the template into a client folder whenever necessary or when a new client gets added to the list.

but if for any reason we have to make a change, then it becomes a tedious process by going back through the 100 of client folders adding or removing a folder or file. so was wondering if there was a mass copy-paste system where you could simply copy a given foler in all the client folders.

thnkx

To the best of my knowledge, there is no feature in Windows that allows you to paste something in multiple directories at once. NOw, I once had a handy freeware utility that allowed you to make simple programs of Windows keystrokes so you can automate simple tasks like these. But I deleted it last week because I never used it and can't remember the name of it.

Search through some freeware domains for such a utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back