TechSpot

Windows Explorer Question

By awmurshedkar
Jun 22, 2007
  1. hello,
    i was wondering if this is possible.

lets say there are 3 folders x,y,z in a drive. each of them have a subfolder 1,2,3 respectively. if i want to paste a folder "A" or a file "A" in folders 1,2,3 all at once, is it possible? i've tried various things, including selecting all the folders in which i want a new file/folder and pasting, but it only paste's in the first of the three selected ones. any help on this?

thanks in advance,
    - w m

2. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,179   +7

No

:confused:
    Why ?

3. awmurshedkar

awmurshedkar TS Rookie Topic Starter

.. well you see i'm working at place where we have to make multiple folders for clients. so we just make a template instead (with all the folders we want for clients) and paste the template into a client folder whenever necessary or when a new client gets added to the list.

but if for any reason we have to make a change, then it becomes a tedious process by going back through the 100 of client folders adding or removing a folder or file. so was wondering if there was a mass copy-paste system where you could simply copy a given foler in all the client folders.

thnkx

4. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,277

To the best of my knowledge, there is no feature in Windows that allows you to paste something in multiple directories at once. NOw, I once had a handy freeware utility that allowed you to make simple programs of Windows keystrokes so you can automate simple tasks like these. But I deleted it last week because I never used it and can't remember the name of it.

Search through some freeware domains for such a utility.

5. awmurshedkar

awmurshedkar TS Rookie Topic Starter

appreciated

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.