Windows explorer Search doesn't work for Google drive folder

rodion15

kQIaIeC.png
When I open Windows Explorer (Windows 8.1) the search box on upper-right corner doesn't work in the Google drive folder. It works on all other folders. That is: when I enter the name of a file inside this folder, the search returns "0 items" (usually, just typing the first characters of a file starts churning out results).
I've tried rebuilding the index and making sure that folder isn't excluded in the indexing, to no avail.

I believe that is due to the Google Drive being non-local, ie: not on the PC, but on in the Google cloud.

Its not google drive fault may be you have some PC issue try to reset all PC settings or restore System. In windows 8 you can refresh you PC for default setting then try to check search is working or not

Its not google drive fault may be you have some PC issue try to reset all PC settings or restore System. In windows 8 you can refresh you PC for default setting then try to check search is working or not

I formatted and reinstalled Windows 8.1 from scratch to no avail. Sorry I forgot to say it in the thread...Thanks for your answer.

Back