Windows Explorer XP

By PoPDragon
Jul 18, 2003
  1. Is there a way to set Windows Explorer to open with the folders pane on the left included. I use a desktop icon with a shortcut to C:\.

Thanks, Jeff
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Yes, all you have to do is click on the folders icon at the top of the browser. Or if you are a keyboard person, you could hit the windows key and E. That will open file explorer.
  3. PoPDragon

PoPDragon TS Rookie Topic Starter

I know I can open the folders pane once I'm in explorer. I was interested in the folders pane being already open when I get there. It's an option I am unable to save once I get out.
  4. DigitAlex

DigitAlex TechSpot Paladin Posts: 536

Use a shortcut to

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,C:

to have it open C: drive in left pane tree view
  5. PoPDragon

PoPDragon TS Rookie Topic Starter

Works like a charm! You da man. Now I have instant access to all the folders on the left while I browse contents on the right. I guess the old '98 got me hooked on it and I was missing it something awful.

Thanks, PoPDragon
  6. wamserb

wamserb TS Rookie

make it so

right click My Computer, choose explore, View, Explorer Bar, and check Folders. No matter how you open Explorer, your folders will always be there.
  7. XtR-X

XtR-X TS Rookie Posts: 863

Thanks! Good tip. I've always been attached to Windows Explorer the Windows 98 way... it was so convenient. You've brought that convenience back, thx!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.