Windows Exporer Crashing Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmers

I recently installed windows Vista onto my computer, Now I installed it on a second Paprtition so that I can run a dual Boot system due to a lot of program I use don't work with Vista.

Now What I've noticed Lately Is If I go into My Documents or Any of the Paprtitions after a Few Second Explorer will Crash, Now I've updated Both XP and Vista with all the Updates.

I just don't understand what was happening, it didn't start till after a couple days of Vista being installed.

This is the Error I get

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918e5d
Fault Module Name: StackHash_40d4
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 40d4
Additional Information 2: 4062ad41ec8067256aa4c5e2b56d3c79
Additional Information 3: 40d4
Additional Information 4: 4062ad41ec8067256aa4c5e2b56d3c79

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Why do some users write "paprtition" and then continue with writing partition after that. What does "paprtition" mean, is it just a spelling mistake?

Anyway, your question was a little not clear, so I've decided to reword it !

I have Windows Vista recently installed on a 2nd Partition, on a dual boot system (Xp/Vista)
When opening any folder in Windows Vista (only) I get explorer.exe crash (details supplied)

Is that correct?

If so, have you installed all the Vista drivers and chipsets correctly?

Vista uses much more system resource than Xp, and therefore this fault can be related to your Ram as well. You may need to run Memtest (for 7 passes)

This fault can also be due to Spyware (or Virus) I would suggest that you run a Spyware scan through it as well.

You could try a Repair on Vista. But as it's a new install, you may just want to re-install it clean. Following this Guide

Also please check C:\windows\minidump for any MiniDumps that you can attach (note: we're talking the Vista Windows folder)

I think the clean install of Vista may be the best approach, seeming it's only two days old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back