TechSpot

Windows firewall settings cannot be displayed...

By XxInuyashaxX
Sep 23, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

I need to know what ICS depends on to enable setting configuration I know alot of people dont like win firewall neither do I but i still want to know because I host games Sorry for the disturbance but thanks ahead of time for anyone who helps

Windows XP sp2
    (Yes i am on Admin acc)
  2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Hi

See this thread here.

Regards
  3. mickzer

mickzer TS Rookie Posts: 101

Hi,
    Go>>Start>>Run and type>>services.msc and Click OK.

Look for Windows Firewall/ Internet Connectoin Sharing(ICS) and double-click on it. Click the Dependencies tab. There you will find which items Windows Firewall depend on. Just make sure those are started and you should be OK.

mickzer.
  4. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,122

Hello

Go to start/run and type in services.msc like mickzer said.

Then go to the bottom and look for windows firewall/internet connection sharing (Ics)

There it should say start/stop the service make sure the service is running.

Also maybe try resetting the service.

Try this "(Go to the command prompt and then type the command "Netsh winsock reset")

Regards Jase
  5. XxInuyashaxX

XxInuyashaxX TS Rookie Topic Starter

[​IMG]

Also tried Netsh winsock reset
    and restarted ...... to no Avail
  6. Po`Girl

Po`Girl TS Rookie Posts: 668

Do you mean Netsh firewall reset ? There are a couple of fixes HERE and the one you may have tried HERE
  7. XxInuyashaxX

XxInuyashaxX TS Rookie Topic Starter

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.