Windows goes to blue screen when loading game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone.

I have a little bit of a problem.
Originally, loading SW:G would restart the computer without any warning. I then disabled automatic restart on system failure hoping to get an error message that I could play with and find a solution. I then restarted the game, got logged in for a minute, and now I get a blank, blue screen whenever I try to load the game. I look at the Event Viewer and all I get is this error code:

The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. BaseIndex value from Performance registry is the first DWORD in Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in Data section.

0000: 00000737 00000000 00000000 000003ca

It also happens occasionally for Doom 3, but not all that often. I'm trying to figure out if it could be a video/sound card problem, because I did just recently install new cards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You in advance,
Jeff

did u reinstall windows after install new video and sound cards , not nessisity but best . what did u upgrade from , to what ?

Went from a Radeon 9800 to an x850, and a Soundblaster Live 5.1 to the Audigy ZS2. I did reinstall windows, but I'm still having this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back