Windows "hangs" after being left alone for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverzero89

i just upgraded to windows 7 and i have a hanging problem. after being inactive for about 10-15 min the comp will "hang". i can still move my mouse but i can't actually do anything until the computer notices i did something then decides to perform normally(that takes anywhere from 3-5 min). obviously this is extremely irritating, does anyone have a clue as to why and how to fix it? thanks!

maybe win 7 is not compatible with your system specs, i prefer xp, or the drivers
or you maybe have a vga card problem,try to reconnect it, otherwise youll have to change your vga, borrow one from a friend or buy a new one, and see what happens with you
good luck, i hope i have helped

ok i had to do a total system reinstall because im a dummass and locked my self out of all my administrative privileges. i had to re install vista then reinstall win7 everything is working better than before! screen saver was already disabled

but you havent changed the vga,change it and then we can talk,
i read it at my school books,and tested it with my friends pc

If the system is running fine after the reinstall, don't worry about other things.

You describe a 'hang'. I am taking that to mean when you come out of Standby, Hibernate or Off mode, you have a delay accessing apps and programs- is that correct?

IF so, for the 'next time', take everything of the start up menu except the AV, third party firewall if one and touch[ad process if using a laptop. Reboot the computer. Check performance.

You do not indicate whether the internet connection is being lost.

EDIT: There is an entire section for Windows 7: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic119840.html

i keep my internet conn, no third party firewall and nothing in my startup menu is selected. the hang is when the comp shuts the moniter off after 10 min. and i go to move my mouse to get my screen to turn back on and i can't do anything. i can move my mouse but thats it until it "catches up". but when im using it its just fine.

That's easy to fix: Control Panel> Power Options> change the time for the computer to either go into standby or Hibernate- lengthen the time interval.

Example: Some people have said they have the monitor set to turn off in 3 minutes, go into Standby or Hibernate in 5 minutes. So you watching something on TV for a few minutes and when you go back to the computer, it's doing what it's been told to do: after 'x' amount of inactivity, go in to Standby or Hibernate. So you move the mouse> system reads activity> comes out of SB or Hbnt.

My system is set to go into Standby in 1 hour.

Drive space

FYI, it's low drive space on your drive. Of course a reinstall worked!
lol :haha:: Example: Some people have said they have the monitor set to turn off in 3 minutes, go into Standby or Hibernate in 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back