Windows has detected a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I was just using google, to see if I could find a fix to this problem, it brought up here, so I though I'd give it a try.

For the past 2-3 days, my computer has been pretty much constantly crashing on me, "Black screen with alot of writing on it", Windows has detected a problem, and is rebooting to avoid perm damage" or something like that, it's always too fast to read ¬¬

Anywho, tried alot of things, like running virus scans and stuffs like that, but nothing has so far worked, someone mentioned to me something about BIOS overheating? But I'm not sure how to fix that, or even get into BIOS, I'm not particularly that computer literate, so I don't quite know how to fix this problem.

Sometimes it crashes me before I even get to login, sometimes it takes an longer, like today it took 2 hours before restarting, (I did think it was fixed =\), but most of the time it does it whenever I'm running a large program, like a game or something like that.

Any help would be apprechiated.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, please post 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

If you read the thread I directed you to, you`ll soon see what a minidump is.

In short, when Windows crashes it writes a minidump, which gives info on what may have caused the crash. These can be very useful in diagnosing what went wrong. Of course it requires someone who can analyse the minidumps. Myself and several other Techspot members are able to do this.

However, before resorting to posting any minidumps, I urge you to follow the instructions in the link I gave you.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back