Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.I'm having problems with a message that says(windows has encountered a problem and needs to close)When i try to run my norton full system virus scan and it gets up to about 25800 files scanned i get that message and when i click close or ok can't remember which one it boots me back to my desktop,had a virus that it found during a smart scan named trojan adclicker and it said that it removed it,but somethings wrong,plus when i double click on internet explorer it takes forever before i can get to my desktop,and i have road runner connection,i think something start running when windows does or i have registry problems.Oh and when i double click my computer and then double click C;drive and go to document and settings as soon as i click that that message pops up and knocks me back to my desktop.Somebody help me please please.I haven't ran a full system scan yet only a smart scan.Its like im getting a redirection or something when i double click Internet Explorer.Takes forever.

you've probably got a system loaded up with spyware and malware, perhaps viruses as well. follow the directions pasted below to make your machine squeaky clean:

HJT alone will not overcome viruses and other stuff. if you want to do this yourself...

download, install, and update AVG free edition. (free.grisoft.com) do not run a scan.

download, install ad-aware SE personal (http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/. update definitions file dut do not run a scan.

download, install ccleaner (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4191.html, choose not to install the context options during setup)

download, install ewido security suite (http://www.ewido.net/en/) uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu" during installation.

reboot your computer into safe mode by pressing F8 repeatdley during the boot process until you get a menu. use your arrow keys to select safe mode and hit enter. log into windows as "administrator", not your normal user account.

run a full system scan in AVG antivirus.

reboot your computer into safe mode by pressing F8 repeatdley during the boot process until you get a menu. use your arrow keys to select safe mode and hit enter. log into windows as "administrator", not your normal user account.

run a full system scan in ad-aware. when prompted with the results, check everything except the "MRU objects" and click "delete" in the bottom right corner.

open ewido and run a complete system scan. when it finds its first problem, If Ewido finds anything, it will pop up a notification. You can select "clean" and check the boxes "Perform action with all infections" and "Create encrypted backup" before clicking on OK.

open ccleaner, and run the operation "run cleaner" in corner

reboot your computer, letting it boot normally and log into your user account. download mozilla firefox (www.mozilla.org) and make it your default browser. when you sue the internet, use firefox instead of IE to do so.

these operations take out more than 90% of your problems. run hijackthis, save a logfile, and post it here. and you can uninstall your norton products, thier bloated presence won't be needed. you can use sygate eprsonal firewall (google it to find a d/l site) and avg free edition to keep yourself very well protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back