Windows Installer Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuddenDemise

I've tried everything i could find. Even some fix i found in the forum archives here. But nothing will work. When i try to install with Windows Installer this message pops up:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.
This can occur if you are running Windows in safe
mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly
installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

WTF??? How do i fix this. HELP PLEASE(I need to install Alcohol 120%, but this is hendering that action)

try this: run msconfig. click on the services tab. scroll down until you find windows installer. make sure that box is checked. reboot if necessary. i don't know why that service would be disabled, but i hope it helps.

The box is selected, there has to be something to fix this!! Windows is starting to piss me off. I've had nothing but trouble with it so far.

I downloaded Alochol 120% from Torrentsearch.us its a bit-torrent. It worked last nite(I accidently unistalled it last nite, but i made sure there was nothing left of the previous install before trying the new install). it doesn't do it with anything else though, just alcohol. I can reinstall windows, i will lose all my Files. It would take me months to get them all back.

you could do a system restore to last night when it worked (maybe) or maybe some other day, or maybe the deleted files from last night are in the recycle bin>????

No i empty my recycle bin every nite before i shutdown. I think its just the Alcohol file or somethin because i just downloaded UT2k4 Demo and it installed fine. Just must be a bad file or somethin, but i tried downloading it from BearShare as well and it gave me the same error. I heard about some registry fix thingy, know anything about it???

What about a system repair. Would that fix my problem???? Maybe i accidently deleted something i shouldn't have. I do that from time to time. I'm still a noob, this is my first home built computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back