Windows Installer launches when I open a program

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocks911

Ugh!!!!!!!!
This is driving me MAD!

I installed Blaze media Pro 7.1 and now each time I open the program Windows Installer launches. Actually it goes like this:

I click on the shortcut for Blaze Media Pro 7.1 and after several seconds of nothing happening a progress box opens indicating that "TurboTax Its Deductible 2006" is installing with a message above the progress bar indicating "Please Wait While Windows Configures TurboTax Its Deductible 2006.

Then before that can complete another box appears which reads "Microsoft Data Access Components 2.5" with a progress bar and details about opening several .cab files then it switches back to the original "TurboTax Its Deductible 2006" is installing with the progress bar reading "gathering required information"

Then the "Windows Installer" box appears with a progress box.

I click on cancel and the process starts again and loops three or four times and ends with a box that indicates that "the feature you are trying to use is on a removable CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available" and offers a search box to find it. I cancel that and get an Error 1706 No Valid source could be found...Windows Installer cannot continue, click OK and the process starts again.

Eventually if I hit cancel enough all the boxes go away and the program starts as it should.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed it

I downloaded Windows Install Clean Up and removed the files associated with the TurboTax program and no more problems.

Not so sure if you should have deleted TurboTax....could get IRS trouble. Happened to my dad once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back