TechSpot

Windows Installer Problem

By zero_yagami
Nov 9, 2006
  1. I keep having this error ><

"Error 1719: The Windows Installer service could not be accessed" error message when you try to add or remove a program

Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. You may be running in safe mode or Windows Installer may not be correctly installed.
    (2nd one specifically)

I went to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346 to solve the problem, yet, it still didn't help.

I've re-installed my Windows XP SP2 before because of this error (after I followed the way Microsoft told me). Still I get this problem.

I really have no idea what the problem is ><

I've re-installed the Windows like 3~4 weeks ago and this happens again ><

It did say that sometimes Microsoft Office 2003 is the cause of this, but I've used it before. Only thing I haven't done is updated it, which I've been updating it recently. Is it because I've updated the Microsoft Office?

Please help! I don't wanna use my CD-Key for my OS again ><

Thank you!

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Rookie Posts: 2,407   +6

3. zero_yagami

zero_yagami TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks kitty^^

Though, I think I found the problem. I think its related to the Microsoft Office 2003 update.

And for some reason there was something in my Add/Remove program area. Something named Compatibility Database thing, which has the word Office in it. Stupidly I removed it because its hardly being used and its some kind of network program. After that, everything is back to normal! Praise the PC for that^^

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.