TechSpot

Windows installer registry

By theshaman99
Nov 1, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all this my first post and iam such a newbie at computers so bare with me. Ok so i was wondering if there is a way to re-register my windows installer for windows XP because right now it a window pops up when i try to install a something thats needs the windows installer,so it says that window installer service cannot be accessed because it not properly installed or something of that wording oh yeah i cant re-install windows xp i dont have the disk.I hope someone can help me out, thanks in advance.
  2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,712

Without the XP install disk there is not a lot you can do. You should be able to use any XP CD providing it is the right version (home, pro) OEM or retail.
  3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Try running Windows Updates and see if that help. Click start/all programmes/Windows Update.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  4. theshaman99

theshaman99 TS Rookie Topic Starter

yeah i knew if i didnt have the disk iam i really cant do anything but can someone tell me how to go in the registry for windows installer and somehow register it again because i think i did that once and it fixed it for a short time for me to install a program. Anyone have any ideas how to do that? Thanks
  5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.