Windows installer registry

By theshaman99
Nov 1, 2007
  1. Hello all this my first post and iam such a newbie at computers so bare with me. Ok so i was wondering if there is a way to re-register my windows installer for windows XP because right now it a window pops up when i try to install a something thats needs the windows installer,so it says that window installer service cannot be accessed because it not properly installed or something of that wording oh yeah i cant re-install windows xp i dont have the disk.I hope someone can help me out, thanks in advance.
  2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

Without the XP install disk there is not a lot you can do. You should be able to use any XP CD providing it is the right version (home, pro) OEM or retail.
  3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Try running Windows Updates and see if that help. Click start/all programmes/Windows Update.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  4. theshaman99

theshaman99 TS Rookie Topic Starter

yeah i knew if i didnt have the disk iam i really cant do anything but can someone tell me how to go in the registry for windows installer and somehow register it again because i think i did that once and it fixed it for a short time for me to install a program. Anyone have any ideas how to do that? Thanks
  5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.