Windows is just not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

twiggyblue

ok this is a bit of a story.
1. did a windows security update- everything went nuts I kept getting the blue screen of death and no software applications would work.
a. came online to techspot and did the 8 steps used for possible maleware infection. but after they were done the comp was still not functioning right.

2. called windows XP and was talked through reinstalling windows XP Pro onto my computer but nothing would download from windows update. ( was able to install my Geoforce drivers with no problem.)
a. did a Dail - a - fix and SP3 downloaded fine but nothing else will..

In addition to this when I try to start my Ever Quest 2 it crashes..

A couple quick things to try:

Cut and paste ALL of the following into Notepad and save it on your Desktop as WUDFix.bat then double click it.

REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL
REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL

rem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555989

hi again life is soo hard sometimes..

hellow again,, I'm sorry for not saying anything that did help some but I'm still getting blue screnes of death but what is cool I could take down the actual error so here it is...

Stop 0x000 000 50 (0x fff fff bff, 0x 000 000 000, 0x 000 000 000) and I got the last two dumps as well..

Inside the 2 Minidumps:
BugCheck A, {1, 1c, 1, 805479ae}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiTrap0E+238 )
IMAGE_NAME: hardware

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 3a693a62, bab271c8, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys
Looks like Driver fault

You need to confirm that all your Computer's (or Motherboard's) drivers are updated, from your Manufacture's support page

thank you so much

Kim you still rock and thanks so much.. the people who built my system are called cyber Power.. I will go look on their pages see if they offer drivers,, let you know how it works out.. and thanks so much again..

learning how much you really don't know..

Hello again and I'm so very sorry for asking the "stupid" question but I've spent hours trying to figure out drivers and CPUs and as I sit here I realize this is a complicated thing. However, my resolve is strong so here's the question..

Is there a software to detect if what drivers you need and effectively install them? free would be great but after almost 8 days of trouble I would be willing to pay for the program as long as it works, please any advise at all would mean the world.

tytyty

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile
If your have a proprietory brand computer, please put the Make and Model number in your Mobo field.

We are always best to go to the original manufacture's support page, to get all your drivers
These 3rd parts "tools", are never required

Please press the GO button, to update all your drivers

Some Service Pack (SP) will pop out a warning message in your default browser, under the address bar
Click on the message "Install ActiveX Control" to continue the installation.

the Go button

Hi Kims.. ok I have some questions..

1. do I download all of the downloads or just the most recent one's. they look like a Chronological order of updates. what I mean is it looks like several updates that were for the same process. it's like it lists all the updates for the CPU from the last year..

2. some of the downloads don't seem to be executable.. like the P5E-ASUS-0903. It's a ROM file but they don't tell me what to do with it and it's the one used to update the bios.. I don't know how to do this.. I did read an e-article that says when you update your bios you do it from a a: drive but my comp doesn't have one of those.. I can't burn a CD until the comp is fixed. (won't let me install anything) can I do it from a flash drive? do I need to place all of these downloads on the flash drive and then start from the reboot??

I really appreciate the help...

Thanks for your questions

Regarding "download all of the downloads"

You may in fact have most of these drivers already up to date
But, what I usually do is download all of them (usually save to CD) and then just install them to see if the drivers update (some may :) )

Regarding "downloads don't seem to be executable"

True, the Bios Rom file is not executable, to actually run it, you need the Bios Manager program (that may be com or bat suffix) This file must be updated from "boot up" (Not in Windows) using a BootCD or Floppy (normally USB Flash drives are difficult to make bootable, and some motherboards do not even have USB startup as an option)

Warning: Not even the Computer manufacture gauratees that updating your Bios won't destroy, your computer (ie make it never work again!)
Mostly leading brand computer Manufacture's do not have issues, but normally update the Bios as last resort !

Hates Bios

I need your opinion on this so I'm going to cut and paste what the manufacturers webpage is saying and then what I've found out by looking at my comp.. if I don't have to mess with the Bios I don't want to so you advise will be appreciated..

Asus support.

Core 2 Duo E6850 (3.00GHz,1333FSB,L2:4MB,rev.G0) ALL 0107

If your motherboard BIOS version number is greater than the BIOS version listed above, then you will not need to flash your BIOS. However, if your BIOS version is smaller than the version listed above, then you will need to select and download the latest BIOS to update your system. We kindly remind you that there is a certain risk level involved in BIOS flashing, please refer to "BIOS Flashing Method ". If you still have doubts, we will strongly advise you to consult with a PC Professional or your PC dealer for further assistance.

I rebooted my computer and wrote down my bios revision which they talk you through finding and show a picture of what you are looking for... my revision is.. 0607

I'm thinking mine is greater than??

I'm thinking they are both 0107 or 0607, and you just read it incorrectly.

Otherwise I have no idea which one is greater :confused:

Maybe forget the BIOS update for now :grinthumb

called windows XP and was talked through reinstalling windows XP Pro onto my computer ..

What updates?

Either Repairing or Re-installing will remove these updates
And the fault seems to be a driver fault

jnjgoss please read the thread carefully, don't just quickly reply (as you have just done, on many threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back