TechSpot

Windows Live is evil

By metalronin
Apr 19, 2010
  1. Hello I recently purchased GTA IV through steam and began playing Im on the second island and wanted to try multi player only to find out I have been playing on my offline windows live profile. I tried to create an online windows live profile but as you can guess or already know that doesn't work if i use that profile i have no save game or anything....Is it at all possible to get my save game onto my live profile? Im assuming the answer is a huge No but i thought i would try and ask. Thanks a ton for any information.

2. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +8

the game saves are here

C:\Documents and Settings\USER(your user name folder)\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

copy all folders onto your desktop. now take the first user_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx folder and open it take all files and place them into each of the user_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx folder in the
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER(your user name folder)\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames folder

3. metalronin

metalronin TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 39

awesome ill give it a try when i get home thanks for the info!

4. metalronin

ergh it says load failed check your hard drive : /

5. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +8

well this worked for me when i pirated the game and then i bought the game from wall-mart

6. metalronin

thanks for trying anywho :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.