Windows Log on Problem!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drappendix

Ok...i just recently installed windows xp prof. service pack 2 on my computer, along with all the drivers for all the hardware, and a bunch of programs. No special programs, at least none that have caused me any problems in the past. now here comes the problem, when i boot my computer up, everything goes fine, windows loads( a little slower than usual), and i am brought to the welcome screen. up to this point everything works fine i can enter my password and do all the other stuff normally, untillabout 15 seconds into that "welcome screen area" then the computer reboots and it starts over. i can boot in safe mode fine, and also when i boot in "last known configuration that worked mode", right before i get to the welcome screen a popup comes up saying..

"one of the files containing the system registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. the recovery was succesful."

wtf?!?!? any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Boot into safe mode, right click my computer and select properties, click the advanced tab and select settings for "startup and Recovery"

in the "System Failure" section untick "Automatically Restart"
and in the "write debugging information" dropdown menu, select "small memory dump (64KB)" then click "OK"

Open my computer and rightclick your c: drive then select properties, click tools tab and click "Check now" and tick "Automatically fix file system errors", click "Start" and click yes to the next message asking if you want to perform a check at next boot.

When windows restarts let it check your disk and restart automatically.
(you should repeat the check for any other hard disks or drives on your system)

If this does not cure the problem, then next time your system crashes you will get BSOD with some stop error messages "Make a note of the error"
so you can tell us what it says. then if neccessary we will give instructions on how to post a HJT log and minidump so we can work out your problem.

hope this helps

no it didnt fix the problem i ran chkdsk but nothing changed. the technical information from the BSOD reads as follows. *** STOP: 0x000000c2 (0x00000040,0x00000000, 0x800000000, 0x00000000)
again this is begining to become frustrating! help!!

yea it is fine itnever even went on the internet, i installed everything from the network. does the stop code mean anything to you. could it be a registry problem, due to the popup referred to in my first message??? if any of you are feeling very enthusiastic hit me up on aim so i can have my computer back :(:(:(

Hi again, stop code gives no clues but if you attach your minidumps as suggested by fastco then we will analyze to see whats causing it.

If you need to use your system urgent you could do a repair install, which would preserve you data but not your updates.

and if repair fails then we would have more idea by the errors you get.

Minidumps

ok here are all my minidumps. and by the way what kind of information is held in the minidump files. if anyone could give me the "low down" on minidumps that would be great.

hey could someone please look over my minidumps. ohh and also could it be my nvidia graphics drivers? i used the nvidia xp drivers ver. 84.26. i dont know,.. this is really bothering me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at ntkrnlmp.exe. This is the Windows nt & kernel system file. They all have a bugcheck of C2.

The owning processes are 3 counts of regsvr32.exe and one count of services.exe. These are important Windows system files.

0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER

A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

I believe part of your OS is corrupted.

Try doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE. Once the repair is finished, you will need to run the Windows updates, as doing a repair will wipe any updates you have and return your OS to the stae that is on the XP cd.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back