Windows loggin password help Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i recently bought a labtop off my friend that he bought from ebay but couldnt log on so he sold it to me for cheap, well the problem is that we cant log into windows at all, seems like some company owned it before because is isnt the normal xp login can you guys help please? The labtop is a Dell Latitude D620 and why does it have a windows vista sticker on the keyboard and have the vista product key on the bottom of it but says windows xp on start up? p.s only came with charger and labtop no disk's or anything thanks you

If you are really talking about a Windows log-on password and not a Bios or hard drive password, this should be easy.

Boot into Safe Mode. Log-in as Administrator. Go into Control Panel, User Accounts. Select the user acount with the password, and remove the password. Reboot into normal Windows

yes im talkign about windows login, i tryed the safe mode, administrator thing and it said i needed a password so idk what to do

How many User accounts do you see when booting into the Safe Mode? You could always wipe the hard drive and install a fresh copy of Windows on the laptop

Yea this is like a business loggin you have you put a user name like H2934 and then a password, i would put a new fresh windows but i dont have any of the disk's and i cant find any online and i would like it to be a vista windows

You probably wouldn't want all the crud that is on the laptop now anyway. Be carefull installing Vista on it. The hardware requirements in Vista are much more important to know. You need more memory, a big hard drive and better video than XP requires...

Good Luck

i really dont care, i just want to get this going so how would i be able to hack this and get into it and how would i be able to restore it or get a restore disk on it but ill be fine with xp

Save your pennies and when you can, purchase a copy of XP Pro and install a fresh copy of XP on the laptop. You don't know anyone that might have an XP CD?

dont download anything off lime, and if you do use a torrent dont bring it here. now if you suddenly "acquire" one thats no ones business at all ;) refer to this thread

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic92398.html

the username you would type would be like Administrator of something like that, try typing administrator with no password and see what happens. if not just reset the password for administrator.

EDIT** you can just go straight to my site in my sig and in the downloads section get and burn the .iso and refer to my how to on using the cd.

not tested the cd iso GameJunkie72792 offers but there is many tools around. I have a cd called WinKey and if you boot it up it will change the windows administrator's password to 12345. then you can reboot, login as admin and do whatever you want. the cd size is about 6mb...
Let me know if I should send it to you (pm me with email address)

cheers, mscrx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back