Windows login screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never set a password for Windows XP. About a month ago I downloaded some critical updates from the Microsoft website and when my system rebooted the password screen popped up. It pops up every time I start up my computer. Is there any way to disable the login screen since I never setup a password? Thanks.

Yeah,
I know what your talking about, same thing happened to me. Can't remember which update it was though. I would also like to know how to disable it. You dont have to enter a password, it just stops at that logon screen and waits for you to click on your login, I find it annoying.....

Yep, same here. Right after some windows updates...I find it very annoying. Just take me to my freakin' desktop already!!!!!

If you download powertoys for xp you can go to the login thing and set it to autologin. Works if you set up a password and didn't want to type it. Imagine it works if you don't too.
There is a simplier way (maybe?) by doing it in user accounts control panel I think.
But I recommend getting the powertoys cause it has a lot of other cool things.

I believe through Administrative Tools and then going into Local Users and Groups you can do this.

Powertoys is nice. It has a lot of neat featuers, as well as the one you need here.

It allows you to log right into windows and not worry about a username or password. Another feature I like is that it doesn't ask you to change your password every 45 days either.

It is definately worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back