Windows looping and not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a booting problem on a 7 year old IBM Think Pad.
The Windows comes up,tells me to start with 5 options(Safe Mode,Last
start etc.) and when I click the line,tells me it is shutting off for my protection
and loops around and comes back to the starting options page.I cannot see any of my folders for sure.Hope I can recover.
Has anyone had this experience.Please let me know how to get this booted up.
Thanks

hi

one of the options is to disable auto restart on fail...

let it do that then tell us what the error is..

most times its a change in hardware or software that can cause it and a corrupted profile.

Well if the computer isn't even booting he doesn't have the option to disable Automatic Restarting on errors. First thing I would try is completely powering the system down, including the switch on the power supply, and then starting it back up. If that yields no change, I would recommend using an OEM disk and running chkdsk /r. You may have one or more errors that is preventing the operating system from starting altogether.

There is also the chance that you have failing hardware, like RAM or the power supply, but for starters do a little experimenting.

This error is often caused by a missing or corrupt userinit.exe file. You would need to provide some info about your computer such as you operating system.

The Windows comes up,tells me to start with 5 options(Safe Mode,Last
start etc.)

are you sure it isnt booting Exceler8, sounds like the boot menu to me where one of the options is to disable autorestart.

easiest fix is to boot from the install cd and run the repair option presented when you install W7.

this Think Pad is over 8 years old.I misplaced the original CDs that came with this....Can someone advice me where to get a copy of OEM cds.As you know IBM is not in this business any more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back