TechSpot

Windows Mail does not Auto-Complete an email address if computer has been shut down

By ntoren
Aug 2, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have around 100 people in my Contacts list that I recently imported from my old XP Machine (the old Address Book) to a new computer running Vista. Currently, if I have typed an email to someone and later in the day/session retype the first letter or two into the address field it will automatically complete the address. However, the next time I turn the computer on and start another email with the same person's address, even though they're in my Contacts list I have to type the whole address myself. It's a pain in the **** that I never experienced with the old Outlook Express (Windows Mail's former name).

So the issue is not, as was suggested to me, that I haven't typed this address before ever. Just not in this session.

Anyone else experience this issue? Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

P.s. Thanks to SNGX1275 for earlier help. Got a bit more info from my boss as to what his issues entail here.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.