Windows ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

HI.I am running a P4--3.2GB--1 GB ram--on a P5GD1-VM and want to delete xp ( I know how to do that) and install winME.Is this possible?.Thanks

Why on Gods green earth would you want to sacrifice stability with a bomb like WindowsME?? I'd put 98se if I had the choice between the two. Is there a specific reason you want to do this? I'm all ears....

Winxp sp2 is by far their most stable modern os. Strongle advise it sine about 73% of my clients who run into problems were running win me.

Hi.I know that xp is the next best thing since sliced bread but I am an aged rpg pc player and have heaps of old games I would like to play but cannot on xp ( I know about compatability to play in 95\98 etc.)One game in particular is Asghan:Dragon Slayer which will not load on xp so cannot get too the compatability scheme.
So can I install ME or windows 98 on my motherboard?,I thought I had read somewhere that I cannot do this on P5GD1-VM,and wanted to verify before removing XP.

you could partition and install ME on the new partition then choose booting options, that might work, i've never actually tried that myself though

That answer did not answer my question CAN I INSTALL WINME WIN98 ON MOTHErboard P5GD1.Thankyou.

Yes you can. Ive found that ME works pretty well if its a clean install, not an upgrade, and if you turn off System Restore- a resource hog. But if you have XP and ME I would dual boot and use XP for everyday computing. Thats what I do except I use Win 2000 for gaming.

windowsME

Thanks for your reply,have spent 2 days trying to set up winme on the above board and get stumped with no cd-rom.Have contacted Asus and was told that this mobo is not compatible with win98\winme.Now who is right Asus or yourself,question have you installed winme on a P5GD1-VM?.

You may not find all the drivers. I have 98se on my Asrock 939DualSATA2. IDE config must be setup--if you use a SATA drive you must loose a IDE.

My Asus P5P800 is 98 compatible, but along with seting up IDE config, you must disable HT. I have not used 98 on my P4 boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back