Windows media files colors screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

right i dont know what brought this on, but my mpeg,avi etc files are messed up big time. all i done was turn off my com, turn it on, went to watch a film and all teh colors were messed up badly. Its hard to describle but, its really bright and teh the qualitys awful. Its as if the colors are blotchy. But i tried to fix it, and i went into media player settings (color,brightness etc) and put teh brihtness right up and teh blotchy colors and the quality was fine...but its far to bright when i do that.

the only things i done prior to it was update my gcard drivers (which i rolled back and tried but still messsed) and updated my direct x 9.0c thing while installing battefield 2 demo. And of course turn off my com. I dont remember trying to watch anythin after installing battlefied 2 though, but i wasnt sure if updating directx would mess this up

the only files that seem to be ok is .mov files with quicktime. I cant remember the command to get into the directx settings to try rollin them back either but again i dunno if that has nethin 2 do with it.

plz plz plz help

p.s. my specs are

AMD Sempron 2600+
1024RAM
Geforce4 Fx 5700 VE
foxconn mobo

Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Software and uninstall Windows Media Player 10. Then reinstall it.

tried that lol I got it workin though, i was sick of it so i just restored system to an earlier time an it was fine :cool: i think it may be something to do with that new direct x 9.0c, mybye its conflicting with WMP :evil:

same problem...

I found this thread from a google search, and I'm having what sounds like the same problem. I was already running media player 10, and after installing the Battlefield 2 demo and the newest nvidia drivers, now my media player shows all the videos overly bright and with strangely bright/oversaturated colors. I tried the suggestion to uninstall v10 and the media player 9 had the same problem. I had already had the directX 9.0c installed (I think?) so I'm guessing this is a problem from the nvidia drivers, or something Battlefield 2 changed? I will try the restore next. I haven't seen anything on the EAGames forums about this (yet) but I'm guessing we can't be the only 2 people with this problem. Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm pretty sure it's Nvidia's drivers that are conflicting with WMP. I've heard of this problem elsewhere. Try rolling your graphics card driver back. Earlier than 77.72 but not sure how far back.

Also solved via WMP settings

Very similar to the last posting. Tools/Options/Performance/Advanced
and deselected Use Video Mixing Renderer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back